Latest Event Updates
Make Money With Webinars
There are many ways to promote your brand, drive traffic to your site, and make money online. In fact, I recently posted 15 Tips to Make Money With A Blog and the webinar was one of them. The webinar is a Web-based seminar and another way to connect with, inform and grow your audience. Using video conferencing software, your workshop, seminar or summit can be transmitted over the Web to an audience that pays to receive it or participates for free with an option to pay for its content as a download for future reference, or uses the Webinar as a means to inform them of other buying or learning opportunities. Commonly, the webinar is used to educate a target audience about products and services or to conduct training and demonstrations. Webinars are perfect for presentation, discussion or instruction. Really, the webinar works for any occasion when meaningful interaction can and should take place with a large audience that cannot be in the same location at the same time. While the webinar often happens in real time, it also can be prerecorded. Prerecorded webinars are particularly helpful for training sessions and product demonstrations.
What is a webinar? From The Beginners Guide to Webinars
What makes a Webinar so awesome is its capacity for interactivity. The ability to send, receive and discuss information in real time makes this technology a powerful tool for reaching a large targeted audience. As part of the registration process, you will collect email addresses, learn the interests of attendees, demonstrate your thought leadership and, most importantly, generate leads. Interaction could include access to special information or purchasing deals only available during the Webinar, and/or access to those deals afterward, or other opportunities if the content is purchased. Webinars are used as value added on a vendor or blogger’s page, and is conducted using a professional service provider such as WebEx. Check out their array of free topic webinars, product lines and prices here.
GoToWebinar is another service provider that allows you to view Webinars and/or host Webinars. Try it free for 30 days and invite 100 people to join your Webinar. But before you dive in, the following are some important questions to consider, as well as the dos and don’ts to achieve a successful outcome.
But do I really NEED a webinar?
The question is seriously important. A webinar may sound like a cool idea but it takes a great deal of thought and planning. So, the first question is: Do you REALLY Need a Webinar? This article will help you decide when to host a webinar and when NOT to.
Webinars can really boost your business. The 8 Ways To Boost Your Business With Webinars informs on list building, brand awareness, perfecting your craft, growing new audiences, saving time, increasing sales, preparing for the BIG GAME, and connecting with decision makers. You will also want these 14 Steps to Hosting a Successful Webinar. Here, the author addresses everything from choosing the right title so Google search engine picks it up, to resources for creating a landing page for your webinar, to several webinar service providers, to getting the word out about your webinar and the timeline for doing so, as well as how to use your blog and social media to drive traffic to your webinar.
Now that you know a little bit about webinars, and whether hosting one is right for you, here are the 6 Things You Should NEVER Do in a Webinar. With all the planning involved, the last thing you want is attendees tweeting about how your webinar is a complete waste of their time. When it comes to protecting your brand or website rep, you don’t want to leave anything to chance. That’s why you do your research first!
Your first webinar
This article will put your mind at ease. How to Run Your First Webinar (with No Skills, No Stress and No Budget) – Learn why serious bloggers love webinars even if they don’t have anything to sell.
Most of us bloggers are content marketers. We don’t typically have our own products. But affiliate marketing is a smart way to make money by earning commission from other people’s products. Affiliate marketing plus webinars are a powerful means for making money with your blog. In this article, How to Make Money With Webinars Without Making Products, you will learn how to take advantage of webinars for profit.
Finally, I’ll leave you with a few more tips from How to Make $10,000 From Your First Webinar.
I hope this article and its resources were helpful for you. This is my research for how to plan, develop, conduct and follow up on my first webinar. I’ll be sure to post how it goes.
[Additional resource: Webinar FAQ]
Have you hosted a webinar? What was your goal and what did you learn about the process?
It seems that everyone these days wants to make money online. I know I do, so I took Kim Kat Shepherd‘s workshop ‘Blogging for Cash’ and learned a few things about blogs that you might also want to know. A blog is perhaps the most substantial method for generating online income. If you’re already a blogger, these 15 tips will help you monetize your blog so you can start earning cash. If you’re just beginning and don’t know where to start, get a free WordPress site here. Then watch this Brief Introduction to WorkPress.com. Once you master the free version you’ll be ready to consider upgrading to the paid version. WP.com has many more tools, add-ons and plug-ins to make your blog both attractive and highly functional.
Although it is true that Content is King, also know that it isn’t enough just to write great content. You also have to be current. You’ll want to update your blog with new posts each day, or on set days, or on a weekly bases. Do this for two important reasons: keep your audience engaged, up-to-date and/or educated about your product(s) and/or service(s); and, optimize your brand and/or blog positioning within Google’s search engine. The latter is the first tip to making money with your blog.
15 Tips for Monetizing Your Blog
- Learn everything you can about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) starting with this excellent infographic: Writing Content that Ranks.
- Know what type of blog you have or want: 52 Types of Blog Posts that Are Proven to Work
- Decide if you want to sell advertising space on your site. Get paid upfront, regularly and keep all the money.
- PPC (Pay-per-click) or CPC (Cost-per-click) pays you each time someone clicks on the ad.
- CPE (Cost-per-engagement) pays when a visitor engages with the ad by hovering over it, enlarging it, playing a game and receiving virtual credit, or taking a poll, as a few examples.
- CPV (Cost-per-view) pays whenever someone views the video for a determined length of time.
- CPA (Cost-per-action or Cost-per-acquisition) also known as PPP (Pay-per-performance) pays for the completing of a desired performance such as filling out a form, taking a survey, making a purchase or signing up for the newsletter.
- Use WordPress Advertising Widgets to easily upload ad images, code or text from ads and embed into your website. Often these items can be customized to fit with your site. Always check reviews and last updates for quality assurance, and also conduct a Google search to be sure plugins are supported.
- Promote products of an affiliate and earn commission: What is Affiliate Marketing?
- Build a great website with the capacity to attract a huge following then auction it off to the highest bidder. Check these helpful resources for buying and selling websites here.
- In-text ads match targeted keywords on your page to advertisers. Watch.
- Text link ads are a smart solution for advertisers to overcome banner blindness by using intent-based ads in non-traditional web places, highlighting your best keywords. Infolinks has a free demo.
- Perhaps you’ve noticed an increase in pop-up ads on the web. Although many can be blocked by browsers like Google Chrome, these ads attract traffic or capture email addresses. The Internet’s Original Sin tells the story of how the most hated tool of advertisers was born.
- Audio ads can be played when a visitor lands of your page. These ads often cannot be stopped. However, there are also interactive audio ads which allow publishers and listeners to connect in real time. See a demo from 123AudioAds. Give consumers a voice with XAPP Media ads.
- Finally, Webinars can be used to drive traffic, educate, inform, demonstrate, and engage consumers, and webinars can be embedded right into blog posts. Check out How to Use Webinars to Convert Blog Readers Into Customers. Here are some Webinar Best Practices from Adobe Connect Blog. You may also enjoy my post How To Make Money With Webinars.